|44.9 km||768 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Llyn Brenig and Clocaenog 2 – The Two Lake Tour Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Brenig Way – Bod Petryal loop - 2.6km
- Brenig Way – Melin y Wig Circular Walk - 4.8km
- Llyn Brenig and Alwen Reservoir Walk – Two Lakes Trail - 5.2km
- Walk or Mountain BIke around the Alwen Reservoir Trail - 5.2km
- The Llyn Brenig Trail- Around Llyn Brenig - 6.0km
- Around Llyn Brenig – The Lake and a Bit - 6.1km
- The Llyn Brenig Archaeology Trail - 9.1km
- Llyn Brenig Walk – Hen Ddinbych - 9.4km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Llyn Brenig and Clocaenog 2 – The Two Lake Tour Details
Another very long mtb route for those after a physical challenge that’s not overly technical. This has more trail than road and doesn’t hit an A road once. You can start off from Llanfihangel Glyn Myfyr a few kms off the A5 as suggested on the Visit Hiraethog website, or at any other point on the route that takes your fancy.
One look at the map will show that there are plenty of variations you could do on the day if you fancied taking a shorter route or a different route down. What’s certain is that this is an epic route with plenty of ascent, so you’ll probably feel this in the morning!
For full details, visit the link to the Visit Hiraethog website to download the original route map and directions.