Mid length mtb trail in the Hiraethog area.
|32.5 km||425 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre
The Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre is on the route while the nearest pub is the The Sportsmans Arms – though we suggest giving them a ring to check if they’re open (were open at time of writing)
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Parking at the start of the route
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Around Llyn Brenig – The Lake and a Bit Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- The Llyn Brenig Trail- Around Llyn Brenig - 0.0km
- Llyn Brenig and Alwen Reservoir Walk – Two Lakes Trail - 2.1km
- Walk or Mountain BIke around the Alwen Reservoir Trail - 2.1km
- The Llyn Brenig Archaeology Trail - 3.3km
- Llyn Brenig Walk – Hen Ddinbych - 4.1km
- Llyn Brenig and Clocaenog 2 – The Two Lake Tour - 6.1km
- Brenig Way – Bod Petryal loop - 6.7km
- Moel Famau from Moel Arthur Car Park - 8.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Around Llyn Brenig – The Lake and a Bit Details
If you fancy a long mtb route that’s not overly technical, with a few bits of easier going roads then this is an ideal route. Starting off at the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre, you follow minor roads, forestry trails and cross moorlands in a route that takes in all that the Mynydd Hiraethog area has to offer.
You will also pass the Sportsmans’ Arms pub, which may or may not be open for you when you pass. At over 450m, it’s certainly one of the highest pubs in Wales.
For the full description, visit the link to the Visit Ride Hiraethog website to download the original route map and directions.