A walk or mountain bike ride around Llyn Brenig on Mynydd Hiraethog
|15 km||195 m||4 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre
The Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre is on the route while the nearest pub is the The Sportsmans Arms – though we suggest giving them a ring to check if they’re open (were open at time of writing)
NoneTraveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable): check the map
Parking at the start of the route
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
The Llyn Brenig Trail- Around Llyn Brenig Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Around Llyn Brenig – The Lake and a Bit - 0.0km
- Llyn Brenig and Alwen Reservoir Walk – Two Lakes Trail - 2.2km
- Walk or Mountain BIke around the Alwen Reservoir Trail - 2.2km
- The Llyn Brenig Archaeology Trail - 3.3km
- Llyn Brenig Walk – Hen Ddinbych - 4.1km
- Llyn Brenig and Clocaenog 2 – The Two Lake Tour - 6.0km
- Brenig Way – Bod Petryal loop - 6.7km
- Moel Famau from Moel Arthur Car Park - 8.7km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
The Llyn Brenig Trail- Around Llyn Brenig Details
The Llyn Brenig Trail takes you all the way around Llyn Brenig, by foot or on two wheels. If you fancy an easy mtb route that’s not overly technical, with a few bits of easier going roads then this is an ideal route. Starting off at the Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre, you follow minor roads, forestry trails and cross moorlands in a route that takes you, as you may have gathered from the name, around the lake! Make sure that the distance is one you can manage as there’s no short cuts on this one.
There’s also a little bit of climbing involved so it’s not totally flat all the way so you’ll have plenty of variation for a straightforward route.