Anglesey Coastal Path Stage 9 Llyn Rhos Du to Aberffraw
|22.7 km||173 m|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish:
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
Anglesey Coastal Path Stage 9 Llyn Rhos Du to Aberffraw Route Map and GPX Download
Summits and Places on this Route
- Coed Niwbwrch – Newborough Forest - 2.8km
- Fall in Love with Ynys Llanddwyn - 2.8km
- Anglesey Coastal Path Stage 7 Malltraeth to Stanley Embankment - 4.6km
- Along the Cob in Malltraeth - 4.6km
- Lon Las Fenai Cycle Route - 5.2km
- The Snowdon Coast to Coast Challenge - 5.2km
- Walk the Wales Coast Path From Caernarfon to Clynnog The Alternative Coastal Route - 5.2km
- Rownd Foryd - 5.4km
- The Black Boy Inn - 5.2km
- Basecamp Wales - 13.5km
- Snowdonia Bunkhouse - 18.4km
- Yr Efail Swynol The Enchanted Forge Holiday Cottage - 19.5km
- Snowdonia Mountain Hostel - 20.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
Anglesey Coastal Path Stage 9 Llyn Rhos Du to Aberffraw Details
A total change of scene is literally around the corner. The path now follows dunes and forestry plantations towards a gloriously wide beach at Llanddwyn. Don’t let the forestry plantations put you off, as this isn’t a dark foreboding forest like many, but much more open. Just be ready to add some time to your walk as the sandy paths can slow you down.
The island of Llanddwyn, with it’s lighthouses and ruined church is surely one of the highlights of the coastal path.
Alternatively, shell some cash for the official guidebook on Amazon, or the patient can wait until we add the directions on Mud and Routes (but don’t hold your breath!)