Long walk to the Roaches in the Peak District
|20.6 km||562 m||6 hours|
Calculate the time using Naismith’s Rule and factor in your own pace.
Start and Finish: Car park near Gradbach
Check out the businesses nearby for more places to stay and drink.
Public Transport: Traveline for UK Public Transport
Parking and Post Code for Sat Nav (where applicable):
Check out our Best Mountain Weather Forecast?
A Walk Around The Roaches, Lud’s Church, Hen Cloud, and Ramshaw Rocks Route Map and GPX Download
- The Roaches and Lud’s Church Walk - 4.2km
- Shutlingsloe Walk - 4.8km
- Chrome Hill Walk from Axe Edge Moor - 5.4km
- Shining Tor, Dane Valley, and Shutlingsloe - 5.8km
- Shutlingsloe Walk from Macclesfield Forest - 6.1km
- Riding the Ridges Mountain Bike Route - 8.1km
- Grit and Gears II Mountain Bike Route - 8.1km
- Gritstone Trail Central – Tegg’s Nose to Timbersbrook - 8.6km
Pubs and Cafes Nearby:
A Walk Around The Roaches, Lud’s Church, Hen Cloud, and Ramshaw Rocks Details
This Peak District walk covers the popular Staffordshire area of The Roaches, Lud’s Church, Hen Cloud, and finally, Ramshaw Rocks. It’s a very long walk, but also extremely rewarding with a variety of terrain covered, and some fantastic views.
For the full description of this challenging and scenic route, follow this link – A Walk Around The Roaches, Lud’s Church, Hen Cloud, and Ramshaw Rocks.