Five Things – Clean Water on the go…[Sassy_Social_Share]
If you’ve got hold of some High 5 zero or another powdered drink, then it’s not going to be much use without clean water to go with it. Here are a few ideas, not all recommended (the first one certainly not), in order to sort out some water while you’re out and about.
2 – Au Naturelle – as it comes from the stream. Just make sure you’re in the hills and high enough to try this one. Pure mountain water is the best you’ll taste,
3 – Purification Tablets – taste yucky, but better than 1 – apparentnly..
4 – Hand filter – This is a good option if you really have to purify, but don’t want the chemical taste. Unfortunately, this needs a lot of elbow grease to operate and the perpetually lazy might just choose to risk cryptosporidium rather than RSI.
5 – Boil it. Kills anything that was alive in your water, but you need to wait for it to cool. If you’ve got a Kelly Kettle and need to boil water for the next day, then this is a good option.
6. Steripen – uv light, easy!
7. Sucky Filter Bottles – Simple and easy to use. Put the water in as it is and suck it through the water purifying straw, with some effort. The main downside is that you can’t use the water for anything else unless you suck it into your mouth and then… no, you can’t use the water for anything else.
Dave also established Walk up Snowdon, Walk up Scafell Pike and Walk up Ben Nevis just to mention a few.
Latest posts by Dave Roberts (see all)
- Keen Men’s Venture Leather WP Boot Review - September 29, 2019
- Best Walks from Castleton and Hope in the Peak District - September 15, 2019
- Keen Men’s Karraig Boot Review - June 14, 2019
Share This: [Sassy_Social_Share]